Thursday, January 26, 2012

God Will Perfect...

"You will perfect that which concerns me. Your mercy, O Lord, endures forever; do not forsake the works of your hands."  Psalm 138:7-8
What  a balm this verse is for me on those frequent days when I am so aware of what a work in progress I am!  That You promise to perfect what concerns me becomes the foundation of many a profession of faith!

"Where there is no [prophetic]vision, the people cast of restraint." Prov. 29:18.  And thinking of this verse, Oswald Chambers quotes a poem:
"Ah, but a man's reach should exceed his grasp,
or what's a heaven for?"
What indeed!

May 11, 2003
Today is Mother's Day.  The church children are running the services, so I have no obligation to do anything there today.  I'm having a much more leisurely Sunday morning as a result. 
As I sit and look out the window, I notice the day is brightly sunny and cool with a strong wind blowing through the new spring leaves on the trees. 
I asked God last night to give me an evaluation of my motherhood.  Am I too giving?  Am I making them selfish?  Or is my giving doing what I hope it is:  showing them Your gracious nature? 
May I be like the leaves on those trees, God.  When the wind of your spirit blows near me, may I be an indication of that blowing.  May the brightness of your son flicker across me as I, too, dance at the touch of each gust.
Love...Debbie

 Enough of processing gloom, time for a spot of sunlight to return.
  I really am fashioned to be an optimistic person. I believe You when You tell me so...else I never could have borne to rinse these stains in Your fount, my Beloved.
The cloth is so much lighter now.
 It floats bright in the water--no more weight of sorrow smudging it.
The garment of praise now hangs in that same mother-breeze, drying.
Ready for wear again.
Ready for dancing.
I give my little journal a fond pat as I store it back on the shelf today.

No comments:

Post a Comment