Monday, October 29, 2012

Dreeams Defined

 "I saw a large circle of people, holding hands and murmuring prayers. Maybe 40-50 of them? Not sure. And there was a gap in the circle. I felt the question given to me, "Would you join us?" So I stepped into the circle and joined hands with them and began to pray. I felt a surge of power here, too, a wind in the circle, but it was not enough...not at all enough. Not against what was coming in that black sky. Against such an adversary, there was need for something so much stronger..."

I wrote those words in August 2005 and related them on a recent post.  This image became one of the first installments in a methodology God would use consistently with me to send "coded" messages, for lack of a better descriptor.  I began to break the code  for this one in the Sept. 17 entry:

Sept 17, 2005
I think I've gotten a Biblical message about the gapped-circle dream in which a circle of praying people,their hands clasped together, asked me to fill that gap.  In the book of Ezekiel, the prophet speaks to other "foolish" prophets, saying, "Woe to the foolish prophets, who follow their own spirit and have seen nothing!  O, Israel, your prophets are like foxes in the desert. You have not gone into the gaps to build a wall for the house of Israel to stand in battle on the day of the Lord."(Ezekiel 15:2-5.) Then again in chapter 22, starting at vs. 29:  "The people of the land have used oppressions, committed robbery and mistreated the poor and needy; and they wrongfully oppress the stranger.  So I sought for a man among them who would make a wall and stand in the gap before me on behalf of the land..." 

Lord, you have shown me that I am a prophet who does stand in the gap, showed me before I knew what such a "gap" even was, before my mind even understood the highly distilled imagery.  Thank You for that faithfulness! Show me now, how to be in that gap.  Make me understand how to do this for You!

St. Elizabeth Seton says: "These events are permitted and guided by Thy wisdom, which solely is light.  We are in darkness and must be thankful that our knowledge is not needed to perfect Thy work." 
Keep my heart strong for Your purposes!

This strange imagery took merely a month to start finding its "definition" in the language of God, but other enigmatic images have taken much longer.  I read once that in Biblical standards, the longer a covenant takes to find its fruition in the natural order, the larger a covenant it is.

Considering I still have some covenant images that remain inscrutable to this day, I expect they must be very large indeed!

No comments:

Post a Comment