Monday, August 27, 2012

Dark Visions

Beautiful scenes. 
That's what my spirit's eye had seen up to the time when July rolled into August back in 2005.  But reality is:  not everything is beautiful.

August 1, 2005
We went camping for the first time this summer and Saturday night around midnight, I had a very strong feeling of disquiet--anguish, but detached from anything, free-floating.That's when the vision began.
I wonder now if I saw Lucifer approaching. In any case, this entity looked like an intricate crystal at his core, only covered in crystal spikes, like a gumball fallen from a tree, except the crystal was not round.  More like two pyramids stacked base to base.  A brownness--like dead-leaf paste--covered this core.  Still, I could tell that once--when it had been clear--light did surely flow through it making an incredible prismatic effect.  Shooting rainbows for miles in every direction.  From either side of this core, two huge arcs extended--like wings, like broken glass balls, only so broken that they simply looked like steel cord.  Whether there had once been more to them or not, I couldn't say, but I had the feeling they'd been spheres, swirling the rainbow colors, diffusing light. 

I asked God to allow me to see this creature's former state, to confirm or correct my assumptions, but He said no.  "You would long for the return of that former state for him.  You would feel compassion over the ugliness, the lonely hulk that remains; and now is not the time to feel compassion for him."

I know as I saw him float in a sea of utter black sky (no stars) I sensed coldness. Loneliness.  Insanely deep loneliness.  And there was massive power--so much power that I understood how people could wonder if this might actually be God instead, for the power overwhelmed any perception of good or bad.  Were it not for the underlying lack of joy, and for the "decay" that wrapped his core I myself might not have been sure how to receive what I saw.  I considered him.  Such coldness.  Such a fight to deny the self-awareness of lost beauty.  Reaching out to tempt Christ, to "gain" Him by offering the only substitute he has to offer for intimacy:  power.  His display of power was indeed terrible and awesome.  It has become his only solace, though small solace it is.  Underneath, unfortunately, he is brilliant.  Too brilliant not to know that power can only ever be a second best.  Yet he can't release pride and mistrust, and so power becomes the nearest he knows to an intimate companion.

Then, the vision changed.  I saw a large circle of people, holding hands and murmuring prayers.  Maybe 40-50 of them?  Not sure.  And there was a gap in the circle.  I felt the question given to me, "Would you join us?"  So I stepped into the circle and joined hands with them and began to pray.  I felt a surge of power here, too, a wind in the circle, but it was not enough...not at all enough.  Not against what was coming in that black sky.  Against such an adversary, there was need for something so much stronger. 

This particular vision lingered as a heaviness, even as the lightness of the vision of the bride had stayed with me.  I began to wonder whether I really wanted a life of visions, after all.  I did discover that the name Lucifer translates "Day Star" and so I wondered again if I really had seen the dead version of that name's earlier, implied glory. 

Other dreams followed that added to the story of this strange apparition.
Years if them.

No comments:

Post a Comment